Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of Zelda - Small discovery

3 posters

Go down

Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Empty Legend of Zelda - Small discovery

Post  Verne Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 pm

I found a small discovery which I haven't found in another walktrough. This could be a handy trick, if you time it well.

Okay, remember those rhinos in the first legend of zelda? (Dodongos, right?) You used to kill them by putting two bombs inside of his mouth by putting them infront of them. I discovered you can paralyze them while they're close, like, standing into the bomb while it explodes. After this, it becomes vulnarable by other attacks, for example, a sword. If you have, I guess, the second sword and a good timing, you're able to kill a dodongo by only using one bomb! I even managed to make a combo by having two dodongos in one explosion.

Good, now try it >:U
Verne
Verne
The Team

Character
Health:
Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Left_bar_bleue140/140Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (140/140)
Race: Sheikah
Rupees: 100

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Empty Re: Legend of Zelda - Small discovery

Post  Shrubby Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:57 pm

That would be a tremendous help to me... if i hadn't already beaten the dodongos in the 2nd quest. It could come in handy later.

While we're on the topic of the origional LoZ, have you tried using a bomb on the spinning, crab-like enemy? place it right and the blow gets all for claws.

Shrubby
The Team

Character
Health:
Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Left_bar_bleue80/105Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (80/105)
Race: Deku Scrub
Rupees: 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Verne Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:30 am

Verne
Verne
The Team

Character
Health:
Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Left_bar_bleue140/140Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (140/140)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shrubby Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:58 pm

no, a boss. like the one in four sword, hwere each link has to get a claw

Shrubby
The Team

Character
Health:
Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Left_bar_bleue80/105Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (80/105)

Back to top Go down

Post  Verne Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 am

Verne
Verne
The Team

Character
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Oranoas Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:03 am

Diana wrote:I found a small discovery which I haven't found in another walktrough. This could be a handy trick, if you time it well.

Okay, remember those rhinos in the first legend of zelda? (Dodongos, right?) You used to kill them by putting two bombs inside of his mouth by putting them infront of them. I discovered you can paralyze them while they're close, like, standing into the bomb while it explodes. After this, it becomes vulnarable by other attacks, for example, a sword. If you have, I guess, the second sword and a good timing, you're able to kill a dodongo by only using one bomb! I even managed to make a combo by having two dodongos in one explosion.

Good, now try it >:U

It's common knowledge. The walkthrough probably doesn't mention it because it's easier to just put two bombs in the Dodongo's mouth than to waste bombs trying to aim beside the dodongo to paralyze it. I've done it before my friend.
Oranoas
Oranoas
Administrator

Character
Health:
Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Left_bar_bleue99/140Legend of Zelda - Small discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (99/140)
Race: Hylian

https://zeldacprp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Verne Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 am

Damnit... Actually, it is indeed easier to put them in their mouth, but I had a REALLY hard time defeating those two dodongos in that one temple where you had to get an item after killing them. Later I had to kill a swarm of blue darknuts... -_-; But back then, the dodongos changed direction EVERY time I planted a bomb. I even tried to place them in their mouth >:U
Verne
Verne
The Team

Character
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shrubby Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:05 pm

Yeah, that's the one.

also, if it's so much harder, it's worth it if you are low on bombs.

Shrubby
The Team

Character
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Verne Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 pm

Ahh, yes, I did discover that at the start =P
Verne
Verne
The Team

Character
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shrubby Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Uh, Diana, it mentions the strategy you said you couldn't find in the link you gave me.

Shrubby
The Team

Character
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Verne Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 am

Yeah, I noticed that, it said in the boss description barely anyone follows BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE LOOK AT THE ENTIRE WALKTROUGH AND IT DOESNT GET MENTIONED AT THE NORMAL WALKTROUGH >.<
Verne
Verne
The Team

Character
Health:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum